It has been a hard week. There is no sugar coating this one. This is how it played out. Coden started to get sick last Tuesday and by Wednesday he was throwing up every 10-15 min for 12 hours straight. If my Mom had not been here to help me I don't know what I would have done. It was nearly a full time job of both of us with changing and rocking and laundry. I did manage to get a little bit of school done but that is it. By night the throwing up stopped and he had a mild case of diarrhea but nothing to right home about. However he would not take anything to eat or drink. I could syringe it down but that is it and he either needed to be held or pushed around in the stroller. He stayed lethargic all the way until Sunday morning when I thought that we had done all we could and needed help. He still wouldn't take any food or drink and was in some sort of pain so I took him into ER just to check to make sure everything was OK. Well we ended up on IV and staying all day and night and the next day as well. Travis had a work trip to Quebec to leave for on Sunday night so he left us at the hospital and my Mom at home with the kids and flew to Montreal. We were discharged from the hospital Monday late afternoon although I thought is was a little odd for me to take him home when he was still not eating and had only consumed 1/2 a cup of liquid since we arrived at the ER. We can home and my Mom had everything under control and had worked very hard in getting things done that were lagging behind. It brings tears to my eyes to know how much she cares and loves our kids! Thanks Mom! Thanks just doesn't cut it when you have done so much! Tuesday all afternoon Shayla had choir practises and a concert in the evening so we all packed up and attended that and then Wednesday night (tonight) Shayla had her violin recital and I hauled the crew there on my own as well. Just as a little cherry on top Coden's diaper malfunctioned the instant Shayla started to play and I missed her playing and concluded the recital with the pew, Coden's pants and my pants soaked! To say the least I am ready for Travis to come home. Coden is now eating and drinking and feeling much better. He lost 6 pounds within the last week and is really skinny but I am sure he will put his pot back on quickly his little 29 LB body went to under 24 pounds! Good thing these weeks are rare and that they come to an end. The up side is that I got lots of cuddle time with my quickly growing baby!
I'm not sure what I am was supposed to learn through this week but I will have to seek the Lord and ask what's up!
School will resume next week.

this brings tears to my eyes.I feel for you.I am so thankful that we have a God who will take us through the hard times,Prayers to you and your family for continued healing and strength.
ReplyDeleteIt is so hard to see our little ones sick. I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better!
ReplyDelete