This is our perfect picnic spot. It may not look like much to you but I think my kids would choose it over Tinker Town any day! They talk about it all the time and ask to go nearly every day! So yesterday we packed up our pizza buns and made our way over to the "waterfall" for the first time this season. What fun!!
This is the waterfall! Close to the edge of our pasture is this gem of Hasket Growers making. We enjoy it. Thanks!
Walking up the dike to the reservoir.
Magic mud. Earlier this year we made magic mud with cornstarch and water. We played with it all morning. Well this was magic mud on a massive scale. When we got there it looked like dry silt that had been left behind by the spring run off. When you jumped on it, it bounced and when you jumped on it for a bit it turned into smooth mud that you sink into! Well a find like this calls for discarding the boots and eventually the pants have to go as well, because, well getting full of mud is just too fun and don't people pay a lot of money for this??
Nothing like cute baby bun cheeks! He loved every minute of it!
While we were there I was thinking about how much fun our kids would have if the Chalifoux kids were there too and then I thought of their angel boy who is waiting in heaven for them so even though his 4 siblings couldn't join us he did and enjoyed our little piece of heaven on earth!
The water is still high so it is running over the road. A nice concrete slab to run through the water on!
So it's the little things that make memories and these are the kinds of things that I need to take time out to do. I'm so grateful that I have this time in the middle of the day to suck the marrow out of life with them! Personally I would probably take the easy road and eat at the table because it is easier and not play in the mud because my laundry room looks like a bomb went off in it (my cleaning fairy must be on holidays) and one more load doesn't seem appealing. My kids, however are not going to remember the laundry or the walls that didn't get washed they will remember impromptu trips with pizza buns to the waterfall!

Looks like lots of fun! :) We've took our kids there last year, but didn't take the time to play in the mud. We'll have to try that sometime during summer holidays ;)
ReplyDelete