It is time that I update this blog! The last time I posted I was sick in bed and had nothing better to do. Since then I just haven't taken the time to post. We have had a good summer thus far, enjoying the warm weather and spending lots of time outside. I have had to get used to doing all the normal summer work as well as taking care of our dogs this summer and that has been challenging! The kids are such a great help though! The dogs do get a lot of attention from them! Our kids love to swim at the Walhalla pool in the USA just 4 miles from our house. This is the only picture I took when we were there last week with some friends for a lovely afternoon. Coden was busy squirming in my arms trying to find a comfortable position to nap in. He never did but we had a fun afternoon in the sun!
Travis has changed jobs and he is now doing sales for Miller equipment. They are a Case IH dealership and the job is right up his ally. He gets to talk to farmers all day long and as a bonus her gets to take his boys along when ever he wants. He has also tackled moving our driveway this summer with the help of his Dad. We now have a new, longer driveway that leads to a road that is not busy. Bike rides are now possible and Hasket growers can now use their whole field instead of going over our driveway!
Chalise is my garden girl! She spends nearly ALL of her time in the garden wearing princess dress up shoes and some sort of dress up clothes. She picks everything and sticks with the job till the end! These days she is busy picking parsley, cutting it and drying it in the dehydrator to give away as gifts and for us to use in our soups this winter.
Pool are nice but the creek is just the place to be this summer! It is close, it is free and it is empty! Every day there is a request to go to the creek. There is a nice spot to swim where the kids can't touch bottom and then there are long stretches of "sandy" beaches to run along. It doesn't get better than that! I know I would have LOVED this place as a kid!
Sometimes dogs get to come along too!
We went mini golfing and go carting with our delightful neighbors.
We haven't been getting out to the lake much this summer but here is a picture of one trip. Uncle Darren is getting ready to ski.
And I just thought that I would leave you with a taste of the cuteness that we are enjoying around here these days!

Sounds like you have been busy having lots of fun this summer!! Have your kids started to kneeboard behind a quad yet? Fond memories of summer days spent at your place roll through my mind when I look at these pictures! Enjoy the rest of it!
ReplyDelete