Saturday, March 23, 2013

Home Study Visit #2

Our second visit with our SW (social worker) is now complete.  Only 3 more to go!  One of those 3 will be at our house with our children.
This weeks meeting was more relaxed than last time which was good.  We talked about our relationship, how we met and about each other.  I think that it was hard for her to fathom that we met at 15, started to date at 16, god married at 19 and have been together the whole time.  She asked "how did you know at such a young again that he was the right one?  You didn't even know what kind of guy he would grow up to become!"  Well, I still don't know what kind of guy he will grow up to become so... I guess we will just have to be OK with not knowing!
It is kind of a weird feeling to be under the microscope of someone who has a very different world view and maybe thinks that we are a bit off the wall as far as modern day relationships go.  We get the picture that she is not together with her husband or the Dad of her 2 girls.  She is a very nice lady but I'm sure that she doesn't see many people like us come through her office doors.  She says that she has worked with one adoptive family that had three kids but they were all grown and left the house.  We are praying that she will see a difference in us and God will make the path straight for us to walk forward in this process.
We will see her again on April 10th to talk about our kids.  I think this may be an adventure for her too!

1 comment:

  1. A think the joy of marrying at a young age is this ~ you can grow up together and be molded and welded together. I know people say "we grew apart", but when GOD does the growing, you can only grow closer. Your SW will sure see the differences in your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...