Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Group Garden

 We are doing our garden a little different this year.  In years past I have planted a fair size garden and struggled to keep it clean.  So in searching for a way to help me with my inconsistency and undisciplined approach to gardening we decided to gather a few families to garden together with and share the load!  We are so excited to see how this works out!  Four families got together 1 1/2 weeks ago for a mass planting day, and man, do we have a LARGE garden!!!!!!  We all worked hard to get it all done in the morning and end our planting day with a wiener roast and some wonderful potatoes made in a solar oven.  We hope to do some group canning and processing of our crop as well. 
So this is a little update for those who don't get to see our (your) garden every day and for those who want to watch our group garden grow!
Most of our plants are up!  I thought you would like to see!




 Our poor tomatoes have had a hard time in the wind!  Some look like they will make it, others look tired like the one below, and others are just completely gone.  So I guess we will see if they will come back or if we will do a little replanting.  We started our plants ourselves so if we have to buy a few plants we won't have wasted a lot of money.

 Corn is looking good!  I want to plant a late row of corn in about a week

1 comment:

  1. that's a great idea, Mandy. We did something similar one year as a Bible study project - planted a big garden and brought the produce to Winnipeg Harvest. It made weeding more enjoyable and used most of my garden space, unlike when I do it alone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...