Our munchkins like their veggies but they get tired of green salads if I serve them too often and they are not fond of spinach so I give it to them at breakfast in their smoothie!
You can not taste the spinach at all and they look forward to their breakfast drink. If there are left overs I pour it into Popsicle molds and give it to them later as a cold treat.
Here are 2 of the kinds of smoothies my tribe loves...
Strawberry pineapple banana:
I use yogurt (sometimes we use plain and sometimes sweetened.) Canned pineapple, banana, frozen strawberries 2 handfuls of spinach, almond or coconut mild and nopalea (Nopal cactus juice) I could substitute any fruit juice as well.
My favorite smoothie is pineapple mango. I use 1 mango 1/2 tin pineapple, 1 tray ice, almond or coconut milk 2 handfuls spinach and a little maple syrup if it isn't sweet enough.
Enjoy getting more greens into your kids!!
excellent idea, Mandy...we all like spinach in salads, but this is great for those who don't. we're finding out that our youngest 2 can't tolerate spinach which they are very disappointed with. I'm wondering if blending it would change their digestive tracts response? Thanks for sharing these recipes...where do you find the nopalea, and why do you add it?
ReplyDeleteI've heard people talk about throwing spinach into smoothies, but have never tried it yet. Guess I'll have to try it!
ReplyDelete