Tuesday, August 13, 2013

2013-2014 School Year Plan

Here is what we are planning to do for school this year...

Shayla: Grade 7
Math - Math-U-See Zeta
English - Rod & Staff
Creative Writing & Lit - ACE (Accelerated Christian Education)
History, Geography & Bible - Continuation of Heart of Dakota Creation to Christ
Science - ACE (Accelerated Christian Education)
Violin Suzuki 4
Choir

Bryer: Grade 5
Math - Math-U-See Delta
English - ACE
Word Building - ACE
Creative Writing & Lit - ACE
History & Geography - Mystery of History - Creation to Resurrection
Science - Apologia - Astronomy
Guitar
Choir

Josiah: Grade 3
Math - Math-U-See Gama
English - ACE
Word Building - ACE
Creative Writing & Lit - ACE
History & Geography - Mystery of History - Creation to Resurrection
Science - Apologia Astronomy
Guitar Choir

Chalise: Grade 1
Math - Math-U-See Alpha
English - ACE
Word Building - ACE
Alpha Phonics
History and Geography and Science with the boys as she has interest
Violin Lessons & Orchestra
Choir

Coden: Pre-School
Work books from Costco and he will take part in science projects and listen to the history lessons while coloring corresponding pages

We are set to start in the beginning of September.  I have tried to make a plan that will be as independent as possible for everyone in order to help the caregivers while we are in Ukraine.  This is why we are using ACE this year.  It is a workbook style of learning which is different from the Charlotte Mason style that I usually choose.  I prefer to do oral lessons with the kids but this year will be a little different in order to prepare for all the changes that are coming.
Science and Mystery of History will be done together and the rest will be independent study. MoH lessons are on CD and our kids love to listen to anything on CD so I anticipate this will be a highlight for us.  What I am very excited about is that MoH teaches world history right along side Biblical history so that we understand what else was happening in the world during the Bible stories we know.  I will learn as much as the kids because my history knowledge is beyond rusty!  Where was I when we were learning this stuff in school??  Sometimes I feel like home schooling is just re-educating the mother! 
All joking aside, I am grateful to God for the opportunity to teach our children.  It is only by His grace that I can do what I do and I am praying again this year that I would stay the course and be faithful to teach what the Lord wants these sponges to absorb. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...