Sometimes the adoption doubt sets in. There are those who think that you are crazy and some what I guess we are. Why would we "wreck" our nice family? Why would be bring discomfort to our lives, spend so much money, do something so "abnormal?"
Sometimes I let these darts sink in and they hurt but when I look to truth I know we can forge ahead even when the discouraging times set in. Good thing that God's word is infallible and mans word and actions are fallible. It's up to me to decide whom I will believe.
Psalm 82:3-4 - Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Proverbs 31:8-9 - Speak up for those who can not speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
Isaiah 1:17 - Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless...
James 1:27 - Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress...
Once again I give my "yes" to God.
great thoughts!
ReplyDeleteI've heard the same question, asking why are we doing this, I also asked this question myself. we have our "comfortable" life with almost no commitments and here we are ready to spend almost all what we have, to go all the way to another part of the world and bring to our life this "uncomfortable" child that will take all what we have - our time, our finances. our "comfortable" life will be gone. and people wonder why are we doing this.
and my answer is exactly like yours - because we are here not to have our "comfortable" life, but to follow God and His calling.
and I'm sure, after a while there will be lots of blessings from this obedient journey :)