Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello 2011

Late Happy New Year! It has been a good holiday season but definitely different than I had imagined! It sure flew by and it is good to once again be in a routine!
My theme for 2010 was Thankfulness. I wanted to be more thankful and mindful of the good things. I'm not sure how to evaluate how I did in that. I grew in the area of thankfulness just having it as a goal. I obviously need more thankfulness in my life because I have yet to see the degree of thankfulness that I would like to see in my children. Those little mirrors just don't lie!! It is a humbling self evaluation system!
I have prayed for a theme to dedicate 2011 to and it came to me on New Years Eve. This years theme is passion. (When I told this to Travis he was defiantly on side!! Hehe!) All jokes aside I feel like I can be a rather blah person keeping things more serious and even keel then they need to be. I want to teach with gusto. I want to cook and clean with a bounce in my step. I want to fix hurts and intervene in disputes with love over flowing. I want to do the extras with my kids to make their childhood regular moments unforgettable ones. I want to search after the Lord with a desire untapped. I want to be the Kings daughter who goes out of my comfort zone to be obedient. I want to be a wife who has lots of fun. I need some pazazz in my life and that is my goal for 2011. It seems a bit lofty for me but I am praying to this end and fully expecting my Lord to deliver! I want ours to be a fun place! A blast! An adventure. A vessel that will not leave my kids wanting to "jump ship." Oh Lord help me! I can't do it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...