Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Green


I'm a bit of a health nut. I love to eat and cook healthy although it doesn't happen as often as I would like it to. I like my spelt flour and will try to get away with putting ground flax into anything I can. I drink wheat grass juice along with my kids who like to steal it from me in the mornings. It has amazing healing properties and they are having great results with it helping cancer patients. I originally came upon it when I was diagnosed with Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and I couldn't hack the antibiotics. This stuff worked! It gives me lots of energy as long as I am diligent with taking it. (That doesn't always happen.) Now in spring my goal is to start exercising other than going up and down the stairs with baskets of laundry. I know that I will feel even better. I can't wait to start.
Changing our diet to healthier food has been a slow journey and it continues. We have a LONG way to go but each change is a step forward. We still put junk into our bodies that we should eliminate.
One day there will be no more KD in this house and the treat bowl will only have raisins and nuts in it. Until then we will take it one step at a time.

C is my wheat grass fanatic. He would drink the whole glass if I would let him.
S helped Grandma juice all of our over due grapefruits which my Dad brought from Texas. Yum! I hid the juice and drank most of it myself!
I love teaching my kids about what is good for their bodies and when they ask "Mom is this good for us?" it makes my heart happy! My hope is that they can start much father ahead on the health journey with their families than I started with them!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Where do you buy your wheatgrass?? Do you juice it yourself??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the taste of the wheatgrass juice but I wish it agreed with me more :-).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...