My baby turned 2 yesterday. It was a bittersweet day. We had fun just being at home but I just don't want him to get any bigger! I am and have been taking every chance to hold and cuddle him. Not minding that he is shy and wants to be held when we are not home. He is still so much a baby to me and I know that the time is coming when singing and rocking will come to an end but for now I am taking every chance I get to take out the "cee cee" soother and blanky and rock and sing to him.
We made chocolate peanut butter cupcakes for his birthday and I knew he wouldn't eat any it was fun to make something special. He got this little bike from us for his birthday. We tried to find a small trike but I guess the kids riding trikes these days are big because we could only find this 10" bike that his short legs could reach the peddles on. He is very proud of it and everyone has to take turns pushing him around the kitchen on it.
Each of the kids made a card for the birthday boy and had their picture taken with him. These two brothers have a very neat bond!
Daddy and little Coco practising saying "two."
Dear Coco
As you turn 2 I look back on the past 2 years and they have past all too quickly. Your unique personality is emerging more and more. You are comical and love to make everyone laugh. You are outgoing when you are in your element, yet very reserved when you are in new situations. You prefer to be at home but love to go for rides in the car, sitting on Daddy's lap, pretending to drive. It takes you a long time and some fairly serious crying to warm up to a new idea but you usually come around. I love being your Mommy Coco and as heavy as you are I will miss carrying you when you are older. Right now you are learning to help around the house, learning to pray and getting into lots of trouble while we are doing school. If it is too quiet I can be assured to find a mess somewhere. As Shayla said in her card to you, "keep being cute!" you are very good at it, and you know it! Sweet, sweet boy, don't grow up too fast!
Love your Mommy.

Wow, time flies.
ReplyDelete