I am reminded today of how thankful I am for my children's health! I often think that I am overloaded with things to do, lessons to teach and places to go but how would it be if I couldn't do those things because I had to be at a hospital to sit by a sick child's side. If that would be the case I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but by me sweet child's side but how very difficult that would be! My Mom has done it. I thought that we might have to do it while C was an infant and having seizures. The prognosis didn't look positive, however the Lord chose to heal her and she is healthy today and we are thankful! He wouldn't have needed to do that for us and we would have loved and accepted her regardless. My heart goes out to those parents who have to go through suffering with their little blessings.
An old high school friend and his sweet wife had a baby yesterday who was born with anencephaly and he earned his angel wings only hours after meeting his family. Those few hours will be forever cherished I am sure. I want to cherish every hour with my children and too often I get carried away with life or the fact that a math lesson is not getting done quickly enough etc. Lord help me to LOVE life with my kids in all the craziness that is life. Help me to smile more and take moments to make memories. I want to have an eternal perspective, look past the present and put my energy toward what will last.
I agree Mandy, we take our baby's health so for granted until we have a baby that needs extra care, it really puts everything into perspective.
ReplyDelete