Sunday, November 14, 2010

He's Landed

Travis has been gone but he will be landing momentarily in Winnipeg. The excitement is growing in our house in anticipation of his return. It wasn't always this way. In the last 5 years Travis has travelled as part of the jobs he has had. By the time the return date came I was usually a mess, longing for relief from single parenting and keeping the home. I would crash very shortly there after and need a day or two to recover. It was always a dreaded time for me. I didn't know whether I should plan lots to do to pass the time but exhausting my energy or stay put at home and have the time seem long but not be at the end of my rope. The kids didn't sleep well while he was gone and so that added to the taxing load. I am not proud of this inability to handle life however I am very happy that the Lord did not leave me there! I still feel like I am the same person I was but the tables have turned. I am able to handle these times now with ease!?!? It can be nothing but the Lord's hand at work because I proved it, I couldn't handle it on my own. I love it when He does that! It is humbling but He gets the glory because I KNOW how it all turns out when He isn't in it!! Once again the glory goes to Him!

My phone just dinged with the text "I've Landed" and the cheers ring out! We love him!

3 comments:

  1. I think I can identify with that not just when Donovan is gone but everyday when he comes home from work. I am trying to work to reshape my expectations & take the pressure off of him...very hard when you are exhausted!
    -Andrea B

    ReplyDelete
  2. neil wants to know what travis does :) hehe. It's been so long....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can empathize with you on this one. We had to learn to adapt to Al being gone when he starting driving 9 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...