Winter is here with a blast and I am not yet adjusted! It is cold! The kids on the other hand have been waiting for this and are spending most of their time outside. It is starting to feel more like Christmas though. We wait until December 1 to go and get a live tree each year. So I have not done any decorating in our house yet and honestly as much as I love Christmas decorations I don't know if I have the capacity to decorate much this year. All I can think of is that I will have to clean it all up and so I have left it and don't know if I will do anything except our tree. We will see.
For our Friday project we decorated ginger bread people. It was lots of fun and I think that they might end up as decorations on our tree.
We had a slow week of school this week. I had a lot of appointments to make it to this week and my brain was mentally full. So I took it easy this week and called Thursday a PD day. We will pick it all up on Monday. I still feel like I am tweaking things. I had a wonderful conversation with a dear dear friend from Alberta who also home schools and it was a good reminder that I need to make sure that I am allowing my children to learn in the way that the Lord has wired them. If I need to push and push and something is drudgery then either I need to teach it another way, or wait until their mind is ready for the information. I want to instill a love for learning so that they can retain information and be inspired to learn more!For our Friday project we decorated ginger bread people. It was lots of fun and I think that they might end up as decorations on our tree.
S. loves our puppies!!

No comments:
Post a Comment