Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Full Plate!

People always say to me "you must be very busy." YES I am! More busy than I ever thought I could be. Amazingly I am enjoying it most of the time. I work hard, my days are full and I am never caught up but I am learning to be OK with that. Trying to accept that season of life and know that one is coming when I will have less pulling at my time. It really makes no logical sense why I have added homeschooling to an already (what I thought was) busy household. To tell the truth if I followed my dreams I would send them all of to school and start pursuing a career as a midwife. However the unrest I felt in my spirit every time I sent my kids out of the house at 8:30 (in a rush) could not continue. I just knew that the Lord had a different path in mind for them and me. I am so at peace every morning now when we all gather in the living room to read the Bible, discuss theology, read stories, sing and learn to be quiet before the Lord. Yes I have doubts creep in that I am not doing enough or that they would be learning more in school but I am seeing them grow in their freedom to worship and get off the throne in their hearts and give that place to God. I so desire them to hunger and thirst after the Lord and to depend on His promises. To not try to be better than they are but to be true to who God made them to be and be OK with where God has them maturity wise right now. It is Him that will mature them. I love it that they can cry when they are frustrated and I hurt for the fact that they must have always had to hold it in when they were at school. I want to let them be vulnerable just how I can be with my Father.
I want to savor these days and leave the feeling of being busy behind and create a very relaxed atmosphere amongst the chaos that is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...