Sunday, October 31, 2010

October's Done!

We have now completed 2 full months of school and we continue to make progress in learning how to juggle everything. There are days when Coco doesn't nap in the morning and that makes my job a bit tricky. He doesn't really appreciate all of his playmates doing school. So keeping him busy while trying to teach is something I am working on. Most of the time he till naps so I have days of grace here and there. For math time everyone has their books at the table and I teach them all at once making my rounds with reading instructions and giving explanations. It works OK but I may start different math times for J and C because their math is very hands on and can get a little loud for S as she is concentrating on multiplying and fractions. These are the bumps that I run into and I hope that they will smooth out with time. I need wisdom everyday and I am so glad that the Lord gives it jut like He promised.

This Friday we made our trick or treating costumes. We went to Haskett Growers, picked up burlap sacks and made deer costumes. I think that they did a pretty good job and they got lots of comments on them! I love costumes that don't cost anything! They were a wear one time and trash kind of outfits. Once they were all stapled together there was no potty breaks or undressing until we were done. They all lasted the evening and my reward/treat bowl is stocked for the year!! My herd is now tucked in bed and I think it's about time I retire as well. Good night!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...