For a post!
I thought that I would write a little about what we are doing for music at our house this year. Music is very important to us and so I have put it at the start of every day. After we learn from the Word and sing a song or two we practise music for half and hour or more. S is continuing on in violin this year. She is starting book 2 in Suzuki this year. Her teacher is amazing! We have been so blessed by her and S flourishes under her tutelage! B is taking guitar lessons in Winkler this year. He has just started and he loves to practise! He is learning chords and playing songs like Skip to my Lou. He is also learning note reading and picking as well. He has a great teacher who makes it fun for him! S is also taking orchestra this year in the early readers group. Which happens during the same evening as hers and B's lessons. Violin is quite different than piano which I am used to. They learn everything by ear before they learn to read music or even know what note they are playing. So now as she enters book 2 (which is like grade 2 royal conservatory in piano)she is learning to read music. She is also never done a song. You know how when you learn piano you put a sticker on the page and that song is done? Not with Suzuki. She plays all of the songs she has learned from the beginning, all the time. She uses the easy songs to perfect technique. It is very different from what I am used to but it has worked well. S also sings in the Home school choir. There are just over 40 kids in the choir this season. It is a lot of fun for her! B will be joining for the spring session of choir. They get to know a lot of kids through it and I like the friends that they are making there! J is tagging along on the guitar with what B is learning and C takes out her violin and plays her rhythms for starting Suzuki. Music is defiantly a highlight of the day for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment