Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Leaf Project


Our week of school went well! We have continued to just cover the basics of Bible, music, reading, writing and math. I am pleased that we are now getting all of this done by about 11:15 and so we are ready to add a little extra to our day. We will start with adding science next week and see how that goes. We finish our school work in the mornings and we school 4 days a week. B & S do their typing in the afternoon and S does her independent reading then as well.

Friday's is our activity day. We have Bible, practise music, do and activity and then clean the house. It is a low key and fun day for us. A great way to end the school week! Today we collected leaves and made a leaf wreath. They now hang in our living room windows and they make it feel fallish in here!




After we were done making lots of messes with our leaves we cleaned the house. Each of us got 3 jobs to do and then the house was ready for the weekend. Everyone did such a good job that we packed our lunch kits (since we don't get to use them anymore) and went out to find the perfect picnic spot. Turns out that it was so windy that the only warm spot was on the South side of a building so we had our picnic in front of the barn. Picnics are fun anywhere!


I never thought that I could get everything done if I was teaching on top of my regular work load but some how the Lord is giving me productivity that I never dreamed possible. I feel more at rest now than I have ever felt. Amazing! Praise to the Lord and only to Him because I would have seriously messed this up on my own!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...