It's a new week and a holiday Monday is a great way to enter into it! We are going to take the day off as well! On Friday we capped off our school week with a trip to the creek where we took some school pics. I wasn't happy with the way that they turned out. It was too sunny and I think that my camera has been dropped one too many times and is not working as well as it once did. A little frustrating but the kids still loved the creek and the little water fall.
Our weekend consisted of 2 wiener roasts and 1 family gathering. It was quite relaxing and we love the warm fall weather that we are having.
As for this week in school we will continue with our added science program about animals from Answers in Genesis. We are studying mammals right now. Everyone loves finding out interesting facts about animals. On Thursday we all picked an animal and took turns finding facts about it on the Internet. Then we printed out a picture to color and wrote down the 3 most interesting facts. B and S write their own and I write for J and C. I look forward to school each day. I didn't know if I would dread an extra task but I am pleased that it is the highlight of my day. God enjoys showing up and surprising me in ways that I never expect. This is one of those surprises! Thanks!
We took this really nice family photo at our family gathering on Sat at my folks house only to realize once I got home that J was not in the shot!! We asked him about it today (Sunday) and he said "I know, there were too many mosquitoes out there." He had stayed inside and none of us had noticed! So much for a family picture. 

That's too funny! We had the same problem taking family pics this weekend. We all should have done what J did!
ReplyDelete