Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day#2 Bulgaria

Today was our day to rest before the big day.  We wanted to take in some of the city so we joined in on the free English walking tour of Sofia.  There were about 100 other people from all around the world who took part as well.  They split us into 3 groups and then our guide took us around Sofia's main historic sights.  It was very interesting and it was great to get a better feel for the area.  
Here are a few pictures of what we saw.
  In this church we paid a small fee to go downstairs to walk through the ruins of the previous churches that have been built on this site.  There were many tombs that dated back to the 3rd century ad.  It was very cool!  
These are the guards at the presidential building.  I told Travis go go stand with them and I would take a picture.  So he did and I got a nice picture.  To my surprise a whistle started blowing and police rushed towards me yelling "you take no picture of my guards!!!"  He said that I Had to erase them so I tried but I have Shayla's camera and I have never used it before and I couldn't for the life of me get erased so the police are getting impatient with me and I have no idea what they are saying accept that I can hear that they are very agitated!  Finally a guide from the other group sees that I am having problems and comes over to help me and calm the police down.  We eventually got the picture erased and we could go on with the tour.  I was slightly shaken up😨!
These are mineral hot springs that come from the mountain by Sofia that is a volcano that has never erupted.  They are supposed to be very good for you.  Here I am drinking from the fountain.
We got lunch from a little road side stand.  We had hotdogs Bulgarian style.
Nap time followed our morning of walking through the city.  We were supposed to meet another adopting couple for supper but they never showed up so we went to find the restaurant they said we would go to.  We found it but it was closed and so we went to look for another place to eat.  We found Raffy's not far from our hotel.  Travis had duck and I had chicken.  Eating out here is very cheap compared to home!
It is time for bed here now.  We will leave our hotel at 6am to go to the airport and fly to our children's town.  Where they live and pictures of them are not to be shared until they are legally Thiessens so you will have to wait to see them but I will update every day if possible.
I hope we will be able to sleep with all the anticipation we are feeling!  Please pray for these young kids today as you think of them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...