This blog is our family's journal to look back on and remember the faithfulness of the Lord and the events that happened. So I will back up a little to remember a bit of what happened in the month preceding this trip.
We were pleasantly surprised to receive a quick referral from B right at the beginning of June 2015. The day we got all the information about the children Coden fell and broke his arm and had surgery. We had a week of no sleep due to extreme discomfort on Coden's behalf. We are so thankful to friends who gave us a meal and others who dropped in to brighten Coden's roughest time. The following week our horse shelter burned. The week after that Bryer cut the bottom of his heal off after running over a machete the was laying on the ground. This happened while Travis and I were not at home and Shayla called us to come home. She did a great job trying to control the bleeding. I arrived home to survey the damages and decided to take him to the er because I was not sure if he had cut bone. While we were getting him ready to go a tornado warning was issued. I called Travis to come home because the girls were not coming to the hospital and we didn't want them home alone in a weather situation. Bryer was bleeding through all the rags we were tying on his foot so I left knowing that Travis would be home in 10 min. As we approached the hospital the sky looked really bad. When we arrived at BTHC they were in a code grey due to the tornado warnings. The waiting room was packed but they took him right in because of the bleeding. It ended up that he had not hit bone and there was no stitching that could be done because the skin was all off. So they bandaged him up and he just needed to wait for healing to happen. When we got home it was raining really hard and our roof that is patiently waiting to be re shingled thought the rain was a bit much. 😅. So we set out pails and laughed at all that had been going on in our lives!
Finally the week prior to leaving we had music camp where I was volunteering for the week with kitchen help, taking pictures and making slide shows. We had a really great week learning from brilliant music teachers and enjoying inspiring concerts. Chalise started playing the cello which she really enjoyed and Shayla composed her first violin duet. Partway through the the week we took Coden to the hospital to have his pins pulled out which was hard for him. He would have sooner kept his cast on all summer but he made it and so did I! Thankfully Travis came in the nick of time to hold him so that I could get my bearings straight and not fall to the floor!
Thursday after music camp we went to Winnipeg for dental appointments and here we are on Friday in the air on our way to Toronto. Even through interesting circumstances we have so much to be thankful for and we are beyond blessed to be on our way to meet 2 precious children!

No comments:
Post a Comment