It was a very exciting day today! We met our new kids! But first let me start from the beginning of the day. We woke up at 5am and our driver and translator came to the hotel to pick us up at 6:00 to go to the airport. It was a short 45 min flight. We stepped into the airport to a mural of sunflowers. It felt like we were in Altona!

We found our driver together with our translator and on the way to our kids town there were unending fields of sunflowers it was really pretty.
We went to our hotel to check in and then the social worker and translator went to the social services office to meet with and pick up the kids. We were to meet at 11:30 in the hotel lobby. We were coming down the stairs and they came in the door at the same time! It was a bit of an unexpected meeting but it was special and will always be imprinted on our minds! The girl who's name is Sevy introduced herself to us in English. Our boys name is pronounced Geero with the r flipped. They have requested for us to give them each a new name. So we are working at doing that. We then went to sit on some couches to get acquainted. We got to ask them questions and they asked us questions.
In all honesty right now I am soooo exhausted that I just can't do the moment or the rest of the day justice so I will finish this in the morning. I played more soccer today than I have for 20 years. We will see if I can walk in the morning⚽️😴
I'm really enjoying your updates, Mandy! So exciting!
ReplyDelete