Monday, January 21, 2013

Kids Club #2

 Our second kids program was underway this morning.  We again talked about creation and then everyone got their chunk of play dough to play with a make different things that the Lord created during the 6 days of creation.  They had never played with play dough before that so they were instructed not to eat it and that they could make something and then press it back into a ball and make something new.
 These 2 little brothers stole my heart!  They were so dirty and obviously trouble makers.  They continued to talk to me ever when I didn't have a translator.  I think they were just glad to have someone listen.

 These  two sisters were beautiful.  The older girl is 8 and she is about the size of a 5 year old.  Her sister beside her is 3.  I wonder how often the older sister gives her food to the younger so that she won't go hungry.
 S met this girl a few times while we were in this area of the city.  I think they would have become good friends!
 Here is little Emanuel.
He LOVED his food and ate very quickly!  I got him an extra cup of oatmeal and he downed that too!
We had the rest of the day to relax.  Some of the group went and did a food distribution later in the afternoon.  We chose to stay at the center and have the children nap.  There were some pretty neat stories that came from that experience though!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...